This is the personal website of Thomas 'voxel' Purnell, where I document, display and facilitate my journey from hobbyist gamejam participant to successful* professional video-game developer.
I am focussing on these broad areas:
- Technical development ability
- Various platforms and engines (desktop, mobile, console).
- Multiple languages (Haxe, C#, Assembly).
- Reflection on the facets of games and how they contribute to the play experience.
- Analysis of specific games and their mechanics
- Media creation
- Improving my graphical design, 2D and 3D creation skills.
- Learning music theory
- Foley and digital SFX creation
- Video recording and editing
- Website design and presentation
- Progress transparency and visualisation
* Our definitions of success may differ.